motionball Ottawa is recruiting a volunteer business development coordinator!
motionball is a national non-profit that empowers young Canadians to be leaders in their communities, raising funds and awareness for Special Olympics through integrated social and sporting events. Now hosting over 50 annual events across Canada, motionball is proud to have donated over $13M since our inception in 2002.
We are seeking a passionate, hardworking, enthusiastic new member of our motionball Ottawa volunteer executive committee to fill the role of Business Development Coordinator. This individual will work with our volunteer event directors to help plan, execute and grow motionball Ottawa’s flagship event, Marathon of Sport.
- Perform outreach amongst the Corporate Community of Ottawa with a purpose of
securing new partnerships
- Retain relationships with old partners
- Raise more awareness to the Special Olympics movement in Ottawa by acting as an
ambassador and an advocator
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Relevant experience in Sponsorship and business development
- Excellent interpersonal skills with outstanding communication and organizational skills
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment; and can easily interact with internal and external stakeholders in a professional and courteous manner