SAINT MARY'S UNIVERSITY
Join us for a fun-filled day of sport all in support of the Special Olympics Canada Foundation!
This day not only brings awareness to the Special Olympics movement, but allows people with and without intellectual disabilities to interact, build lifelong friendships, and ultimately create more inclusive communities.
Date: Thursday, March 23rd, 2023
- Motionball t-shirt
- Motionball hat
- Lunch & refreshments
- A chance to earn fundraising incentives
- And most importantly, a chance to play with the proud Special Olympics athletes who motionball supports!
- Sign up as a Team Captain and recruit 6-10 Teammates to join your Team
- Each Participant will pay a $20 registration fee to receive your Team shirt & Lunch
- Get fundraising – share your fundraising link to collect donations
- Throughout the day, Teams will play a variety of sports and activities alongside local Special Olympics athletes
motionball is a national non-profit organization that empowers young Canadians to be leaders in their communities, raising funds and awareness for Special Olympics through inclusive social and sporting events. At Saint Mary’s University, we’re working to ensure that individuals with intellectual disabilities living in Nova Scotia are included, supported, and celebrated. We create relevant, meaningful experiences for university students to give back to their community, while building relationships with local Special Olympics athletes.
motionball events put the fun back intro giving, at SMU and across Canada,
This year in particular, Special Olympics athletes need us more than ever as many remain isolated and alone, at a greater risk of contracting COVID-19 than the general population. Join us in raising funds and awareness for the cause so that Special Olympics sport programs can return with strength, and that no athlete is left behind.
We are a committee of passionate student leaders determined to make an unprecedented impact, in an unprecedented year.
WHAT'S HAPPENING AT SMU
motionball is working to promote positivity and inclusion, demonstrating that there is #NoGoodWay to use the “r-word” (retard). This word is hurtful, outdated, and brings back memories of being bullied and excluded for individuals with intellectual disabilities.
As motionballers, we are proud ambassadors of the #NoGoodWay campaign. Learn more and take the pledge at motionball.com/nogoodway.